I’ll be honest – there are so many ingredients in this that it was hard to name it. BUT I like to think of lentils as the main ingredient because I love lentils
One tin lentils, rinsed
One tin chickpeas, rinsed
Three sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
Two carrots, peeled and diced
One red pepper, diced
One onion, diced
Two cloves garlic (or two teaspoons of Very Lazy Garlic)
One chilli (or one teaspoon of Very Lazy Chillies)
400 ml stock
Handful baby spinach
Cumin, chilli powder and turmeric – a bit of each
Curry Powder – again, go with your gut
1. Once you’ve diced up everything, add it to the slow cooker. Yup, it’s another slow cooker recipe because slow cookers are the BEST if you have a busy lifestyle.
I HATE chopping onions. #theymakemecry.
2. Rinse your lentils and chickpeas with a sieve and running water. Add to slow cooker.
3. At this point in my recipe I added the spinach but actually when I do it again I’m going to wait until about 5 minutes before serving to add the spinach. It was fairly wilted.
4. Add veggie stock.
5. Add spices – I honestly don’t know how much of each (that’s how I cook – sorry!) but if you watch the video you can see the precise way I decide how much of each is enough…you want to use more curry powder than anything else though.
6. Turn on high for four hours.
7. I served with mashed potato which went down a treat!
It’s a warm, cosy winter’s night kind of recipe, and it took me a grand total of FIFTEEN MINUTES to prepare, and fed five adults, with leftovers. Can’t argue with that!